APPLICATION/POLICY FOR LAKE MOHAWK TRANSMITTERS (Rev. 6/14/17)
Automated gates are available at Lace and Keno road entrances. Property owners or their immediate family members wishing to use these access gates will be required to pay an annual transmitter rental/and or initial deposit. Deposits are refundable for working transmitters only. Property owners / immediate family members are to abide by the following policy and procedures:
- The number of registered vehicles per family will determine the number of transmitters to be issued.
- Only stickered vehicles may pass through the gates. Immediate Family Members must display a current Immediate Family Member sticker to be authorized use of a gate controller.
- Posted “PRIVATE PROPERTY.” Any unauthorized or unstickered vehicle(s) entering through these gates will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Only one (1) vehicle may pass through the gate at one time. Do not attempt to piggy back or follow another vehicle through the gate. Damage will occur to your vehicle and/or the gate when it closes.
- Pulling any type of trailer or equipment through the gate is at the sole risk and responsibility of the property owner if damage occurs.
- Transmitters shall not be transferred to other lake residents or non lake residents.
- Misuse of a transmitter will result in the loss of the transmitter privileges and a maximum fine up to $200.00 will be levied.
- Any vehicle damaged while traveling through the gates will be repaired at the property owner’s expense. Any damage to the gates or transmitters will be the responsibility of the property owner and payable upon invoice.
- Property owners (leasees) are responsible to maintain transmitters in working order. Defective transmitters are to be returned to the lake office. The deposit will be withheld for damaged or abused transmitters.
Transmitters will remain the property of LMPOA and will be returned upon request. I (we) understand that a deposit and annual rental for the use of a transmitter(s) will be paid for at the lake office. Subsequent renewals will be paid on the annual renewal date beginning October 1st of each year. All renewals/reprograming must be paid by October 31st of each year or transmitter(s) will be forfeited.
Annual Renewal: Renewal of gate transmitters begin October 1 of each year and continue until the end of the month. Please come into the office to pay the fee and have your code changed. Office hours are M-F 8am-5pm. The cost of renewal is $25 for each transmitter. During the month of October the gates will operate on both the old and new code. After Oct. 31, only the new code will open the gates. Please see the newsletter for any additional info or updates.
New Transmitters: You may come in to the office any time during regular hours to get a new transmitter. First time cost is $50 ($25 Deposit for transmitter, $25 for annual use)
Note: Do not program the code into your vehicle's remote control garage door opener! Built-in remote controls cause the gates to malfunction according to the company who maintains them. The only remote you should be using to enter and exit the gates is the one you rent through the Lake Mohawk office.