The Annual Independence Day Celebration will take play Saturday, July 1, 2017.
Events to Include:
- 8am-11am: Fish Club Pancake Breakfast at the Main Beach Clubhouse
- 7pm: Ski Show at the Main Beach
- Fireworks at Dusk
Fireworks Volunteers: are needed to collect at gates. This event is primarily funded through gracious donations.
SPECIAL INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEKEND GUEST ADMITTANCE POLICY INFO
To alleviate some of the traffic congestion of past years, the Board of Directors has adopted a plan to admit guests over the weekend of our Independence Day celebration which is different than routine guest policy. For 8 or more guests, property owners must request passes for their guests in advance from the guardhouse. Passes will be issued prior to the weekend. The member can give these passes to their guests to place on the dashboard of their vehicle, which will permit faster entry to the lake for the date on the pass only. Security personnel will direct guests who have these passes to continue into the lake without being required to stop at the guardhouse. The procedure to obtain these passes will be:
1. Complete a party form and attach your guest list names in writing to the guardhouse specifying the date for admittance. (DO THIS WELL IN ADVANCE.) Include your lot number, security code, and the name of your guests. The “I Forgot” box is not available for use over this weekend. The passes can be picked up at the guardhouse a few days after the request has been submitted. Contact the guardhouse to make certain they are ready for pick-up.
2. Property owners are responsible for giving passes to their guests and explaining the procedure for using the pass, as well as the Rules and Regulations of the Association.
3. Guests who have not received a pass prior to arriving at the gate will be required to stop at the guardhouse. Guests who have forgotten their passes will also have to stop and be admitted according to normal procedures. Absolutely no guest lists will be accepted on the day of the event (either over the phone or hand delivered). We ask that all guests be called in prior to the Independence weekend, as the guardhouse is extremely overwhelmed. The Board of Directors hopes everyone will have safe and enjoyable holiday. Deadline for advance passes will be June 30th.
LMPOA INDEPENDENCE DAY/FIREWORKS SECURITY POLICY
The Board of Directors sets the following actions for approval to improve the security of the Independence Day Celebration. The guidelines listed, in conjunction with the existing rules governing the Association should help to maintain this as a family event.:
* No alcohol is to be consumed on common (Association) beaches and surrounding areas. This includes all parking areas and the tennis courts.
* All open containers and coolers brought on common property will be subject to search.
* Anyone in violation will be subject to punitive action to the fullest extent.
* Main Beach restrooms closed. Use Porta-Pottys only.
* Security will control access at Lace & Keno Road gates. AFTER THE FIREWORKS, LACE & KENO ROAD WILL BE OPEN FOR VEHICLES EXITING THE LAKE.
* Increase number of security officers.
* Use “No Parking” signs in areas of concern.
* Do not allow the “I forgot” box on guest list on this day.
* Notify all property owners rules will be strictly enforced.