Welcome to Lake Mohawk, OH
Established in 1963 by the American Realty Service Corporation, Lake Mohawk is a 507 acre, man-made, spring-fed lake. It is a private gated community comprised of 1,728 acres of property.
Several clubs exist within the community including the Ski Club, Fish Club, Sportsman Club, Civic Club, Golf Club, Activities Committee, Art Club and many more. There are 3 beaches, tennis courts and many activities available for all property owners to enjoy. We celebrated our 50th Anniversary with an event filled year in 2013. All this is what makes Lake Mohawk "Ohio's best kept secret".
Cardboard Boat Races: Download Entry Form
SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR SWIMMING FROM WATERCRAFT
- If you make the sole decision to swim, or allow others to swim off of a watercraft, you accept any and all liability for such action.
- A person, minimum of 16 years old (if born on or after January 1, 1982 you must have passed the Ohio Boater’s Education Course), must remain on the watercraft at all times.
- Children 10 years old and younger must wear a USCG approved life vest at all times.
- No occupant from your watercraft is to swim/float more than 20 feet from the watercraft.
- Refrain from swimming in high traffic areas and normal boating lanes.
- Lake Patrol has the right to ask you to relocate if it is determined the area is unsafe.
WEST BEACH PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT STEERING COMMITTEE: A committee is being formed to work along with the Board of Directors to upgrade the playground equipment at the West Beach. If you are interested in helping, please contact the office.
Timber Proposal: Please note area 1 would be cleared for possible sediment storage, Areas 2 & 3 would be selective with nothing less than a 24 inch base. View it here
Community Information Channel: If you are a Time Warner Cable subscriber, you can access the channel at channel 1851 if using a cable box, or channel 126.851 if not using a cable box. If you are not using a cable box, you will need to go to the menu settings for your TV and run the auto-channel function. This will allow your TV to find the channel and add it to the settings.
Mohawk Patrol now has a Facebook page with important updates: Please like the page
Water Testing: The Board had three water supply samples tested for lead by a private testing laboratory. Samples were taken from residences on the East side, West side and South end of the community. The results are as follows:
- Testing was completed by National Testing Laboratories.
- Standard is .015 per mg/L (.001 is lowest level that can be detected).
- East Side results were .002 per mg/L
- West Side – None Detected
- South End – None Detected
ATTENTION WATERFRONT OWNERS: If you are a waterfront property owner, you will be receiving a public notice from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This notice is in regards to the dredging project and our application to reused one of the sediment storage areas located just South of the South end of the lake. This notice is required for all property owners who are adjoining to the body of water to be dredged. If you have no concerns regarding the permit application, no response is necessary. If you have questions regarding the application, please do not hesitate to contact Scott Noble at the Lake Office.